As a personal care home, The Roxborough Home for Women operates 24/7, providing private rooms, meals, laundry services, and light housekeeping for its residents. Our trained, professional staff administers all medications, assists the women with their daily personal needs, and participates in activities the Home provides. Our residents are independent, and our staff is here to assist when needed. (Please note: RHW is not categorized as an assisted living facility or nursing home.)
Most residents furnish their own rooms, bringing personal belongings and mementos, making their new home more comfortable and familiar. Our rooms are cable and telephone ready. We encourage visitors. Lovely indoor and outdoor porches are available as well as other areas to socialize. Guests are welcomed from 9 am to 9 pm, and residents are free to visit and take vacations with family or friends outside of the Home.
Rates for single, double, and rooms with a private bathroom range from $1000 to $1500 per month.*
In addition, there is a one-time entrance fee of $5,000
*subject to change
- All rooms are private, including two-room suites (when available)
- All the rooms have a view of the outdoors, with large windows allowing the sun to shine through the lace curtains
- Trained personal care professionals 24 hours per day, 7 days a week
- Laundry, housekeeping, and all meals are included in monthly rate
- Rooms are cable & telephone ready
- Complimentary internet/wifi
- Located on 2 beautiful acres
- Exercise classes
- Day trips
- Holiday celebrations
- Live entertainment
- Annual Family Picnic
- Flea Market & Craft Fair
- Local Transportation
- Doctor Visits
These are provided at the Home, but are not included in the monthly rent.
RHW is licensed as a Personal Care Home, governed by the Department of Human Services.
The Home has been and continues to be in compliance with the regulations of both the City of Philadelphia and the State of Pennsylvania.